March 24 (Reuters) - Luxury sports car maker Porsche plans to boost its stake in larger German automaker Volkswagen beyond 30 percent, triggering a mandatory takeover offer, but it does not intend to take majority control of VW, Porsche said on Saturday. Here are some key facts about the two companies: Volkswagen, the world's fourth-largest carmaker, sold 5.7 million vehicles around the world last year, a gain of 10.2 percent despite fierce competition. The group includes the flagship ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FACTBOX-How Volkswagen and Porsche stack up" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642