(Reuters) - Chrysler LLC filed for bankruptcy protection on Thursday and announced an industry-changing deal with Italy's Fiat SpA. Fiat gets a stake starting at 20 percent, and can become the majority owner once government loans are repaid. Here are key facts about Fiat: * Fiat is an acronym for Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino. Founded in 1899, Fiat was built up by Giovanni Agnelli, who was inspired by Henry Ford's mass-assembly production line for the Model T car. Agnelli's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FACTBOX-Key facts about automaker Fiat SpA" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642