March 26 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp said on Thursday that 7,500 of its U.S. hourly workers had taken buyout and early retirement offers to leave the company by April 1. [ID:nN26492950] Here are key facts about hourly job cuts at GM, Ford Motor Co and Chrysler LLC over the past few years. * GM cut 34,000 UAW-represented factory jobs in 2006 and another 19,000 in 2008 through buyouts and early retirement incentives. Including the latest round of buyouts, the struggling automaker has ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FACTBOX-Key facts about automakers' hourly job cuts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642