June 30 (Reuters) - Billionaire investor Kirk Kerkorian on Friday surprised markets with a proposal to form an alliance between General Motors Corp. , the world's largest automaker, and Nissan Motor Co. and Renault SA . GM said it would consider the proposal. Nissan and Renault said that they were open to the proposal, which they said had come from Kerkorian, who holds a stake of about 10 percent in GM. Tracinda Corp, Kerkorian's investment arm, said that both companies, which are ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FACTBOX-Key facts about GM, Nissan, Renault" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642