BRUSSELS, Dec 19 (Reuters) - The European Commission adopted proposed legislation on Wednesday to force down emissions of carbon dioxide (CO2) from cars with steeply rising fines on manufacturers that fail to comply. Here are key details of the proposal: WHICH CARS? - The binding limits for average emissions apply to all new cars sold in the European Union from 2012, whether produced in Europe or elsewhere. That means American, Japanese, South Korean and Chinese companies will also be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FACTBOX-Key facts on EU proposal to cut car CO2 emissions" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.