WASHINGTON, May 26 (Reuters) - Key provisions of a U.S. Senate bill to take asbestos injury claims out of the courts and pay them from a $140 billion privately-financed fund. FUNDING - Companies will pay $90 billion over 30 years based on prior asbestos expenditures and revenues. Insurers will pay $46 billion over 27 years. The bill assumes $4 billion will come from existing asbestos bankruptcy trusts. MANAGEMENT - The Asbestos Injury Claims Resolution Fund will be managed by the Office ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FACTBOX-Key provisions of US Senate asbestos bill" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.