July 29 (Reuters) - The following factbox details BMW's involvement in Formula One up to Wednesday's announcement that they will be pulling out of the sport at the end of 2009. * BMW made their Formula One debut in 1982 as an engine supplier to Brabham. Brazilian Nelson Piquet started the first race in South Africa on the front row but did not finish. * Their first win as an engine supplier came in 1983 with Piquet in Brazil. He ended up as champion that same year. * BMW pulled out as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FACTBOX-Motor racing-BMW's involvement in Formula One" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.