Sept 1 (Reuters) - Robust growth in car sales in emerging markets such as China, Russia, Brazil and India has helped automakers such as Toyota Motor and Volkswagen ride a downturn in North America and Western Europe. Detroit's General Motors and Ford, meanwhile, succumbed to the slump in their backyard, ceding the No.1 and No.3 spots. Following is a list of the world's top 10 auto groups ranked by vehicle sales in the first half of 2008, with the previous year's ranking in brackets. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FACTBOX-Ranking of world's top 10 auto groups by sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.