May 31 - China and the United States are projected to lead the growth in light vehicle assembly around the world by 2010, according to these forecasts compiled by consulting group PriceWaterhouseCoopers's PwC Automotive Institute: 2005 2010 USA 11,568,482 12,664,157 Japan 10,106,987 10,081,242 Germany 5,215,313 5,364,045 China 4,368,802 6,765,323 South Korea 3,529,507 3,414,353 France 3,504,861 3,679,912 Spain 2,647,929 2,577,814 Canada 2,613,543 2,520,527 Brazil 2,198,567 2,437,553 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FACTBOX-Rankings of light vehicle assembly by country" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.