May 28 (Reuters) - Russia's car market has turned from Europe's fastest growing to one of the world's steepest fallers in just six months, frustrating 2008 forecasts that it would overtake Germany as the largest in Europe this year. Grabbing market share in the region is a key target for auto parts supplier Magna International Inc -- which has teamed up with Russian partners GAZ and Sberbank Rossii in its bid for General Motors unit Opel -- and is counting on the market bouncing back in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FACTBOX-Russian car market: from boom to downturn" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.