March 29 (Reuters) - German luxury car maker BMW opened its first Indian assembly plant near the southern city of Chennai on Thursday, as part of its drive to capture part of the metropolitan car market in Asia's fourth-largest economy. Here are some key facts about the Indian auto industry: BOOMING SALES: - Seen as a slow starter in the global auto market, India's sales of passenger cars topped 1 million in 2006 and are forecast to double by 2010. - The market is growing at 20 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FACTBOX-A snapshot of the Indian auto industry" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642