(This is part of a special report on Toyota which can be seen in full at: [ID:nN24250645]) DETROIT, March 25 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp's displaced Ford Motor Co as No. 2 in the U.S. market in 2007, and the following year it unseated General Motors Co [GM.UL] as the world's largest automaker. But barely a year after overtaking GM, Toyota was launching the first of its damaging recalls that would involve more than 5 million vehicles in the United States -- almost three times the number ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FACTBOX-Toyota's US recalls rose with fast growth" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.