(For related story see INDIA-BRITAIN or [ID:nL21213579]) Jan 21 (Reuters) - Gordon Brown met with Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh on Monday, on his first visit to India as Britain's prime minister. Here is an overview of past and present relations between the two countries. COLONIAL TIES -- Britain's East India Company arrived in India in the 17th century as a trade outpost. From the 18th to the mid-19th century the company extended its influence from trade to local administration ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FACTBOX:Britain's relations with India" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.