By Emily Chasan NEW YORK, Sept 28 (Reuters) - U.S. accounting rule makers are set to release a new standard for pension and retiree benefit accounting on Friday which may be a wake up call for investors about the billions in obligations U.S. companies are facing. The standard, which will be the first of two phases of reforms, is expected to move the funded status of pension and retiree benefit obligations out of financial statement footnotes and on to corporate balance sheets. "I think ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FASB to issue new pension accounting rule on Friday" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.