SHANGHAI, Dec 31 (Reuters) - Car sales from top European auto maker Volkswagen AG's joint venture in the northern Chinese city of Changchun have jumped an annual 55 percent this year. FAW-Volkswagen sold 298,000 cars in 2003, spokeswoman Cheng Rui said on Wednesday, declining to give further details. The plant, a venture between the German automaker and First Automotive Works, is being expanded to bring annual capacity up to 330,000 from the present 300,000 units. A new ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FAW-Volkswagen says 2003 China sales leap 55 pct" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.