By Martin Dokoupil ZIAR NAD HRONOM, Slovakia, Jan 19 (Reuters) - Deep amid the rusting pipes and gritty stacks of a dilapidated Slovak aluminum smelter, Peter Oslanec is trying to turn a huge hole in the ground into the heart of Slovakia's new boom trade. Oslanec, a manager for German aluminium castings maker Rautenbach, is helping the company to fill its concrete pit with tonnes of equipment to build car engine housings. An attractive mix of cheap skilled labour, proximity to western ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FEATURE-Auto suppliers flock to Central European car boom" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.