By Peter Blackburn SERTAOZINHO, Brazil, Sept 23 - (Reuters) - Unlike the potholed roads that usually cut through Brazil's rural interior, the tollway linking Sertaozinho to nearby Ribeirao Preto is a smooth drive. It scythes through vast fields of sugar cane and helps link some 40 mills that crush 25 percent of the national sugar cane crop and 10 percent of the world's sugar. The Sertaozinho region is the center of the world's sugar cane industry, and the new road testifies to fresh ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FEATURE-Brazilian sugar industry moves into top gear" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642