By Peter Blackburn RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil, June 30 (Reuters) - Amazon rubber tapper Jose Almir Barbosa da Cruz was delighted when Brazilian Environment Minister Marina Silva -- herself a former harvester of the sticky "white gold" -- stopped at his exhibit stand. Cruz was showing a bicycle equipped with a bag made from wild rubber, one of 70 "sustainable" Amazon products like drugs, food, cosmetics, furniture and woodcraft exhibited this month in Rio de Janeiro's Botanical Gardens. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FEATURE-Brazil's Amazon markets new "green" products" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.