For a related story, click [ID:nN26285433] * Rare earth metals key to wind turbines, hybrid cars * China dominates production but is cutting exports * 60-year-old U.S. mine approved to resume operations By Steve Gorman LOS ANGELES, Aug 31 (Reuters) - The future of wind farms and hybrid cars may well hinge on what happens to a 55-acre (22.3-hectare) hole in the ground at the edge of California's high desert. The open-pit mine at Mountain Pass, California, holds the world's richest ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FEATURE-California mine digs in for 'green' gold rush" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.