* Sarkozy's government mulls tax, possible labour reform * Economists say only tough steps will raise competitiveness * Doubts that France is willing to touch sacred cows By Daniel Flynn BATILLY, France, Feb 23 (Reuters) - In a cavernous factory in eastern France, a giant robot arm sprays golden sparks into the air as it welds together a van chassis then lifts it along a production line turning out a vehicle every two minutes. The state-of-the-art Renault plant at Batilly in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FEATURE-France faces long road to improve competitiveness" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642