By Simon Johnson STOCKHOLM, May 29 (Reuters) - Will technological advances, fuel costs and environmental concerns bring back commercial sailing for cargo ships? Shipping firm Wallenius Wilhelmsen (WW) has designed a high-tech "back to the future" freighter powered solely by wind and waves in the expectation that increasing regulation and shipping costs over the next 20 years will force the industry to come up with greener vessels. "In part it is legislation, in part that we want to be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FEATURE-High-tech ship sets course for green ocean transport" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.