By Fang Yan and Terril Yue Jones BEIJING, July 19 (Reuters) - Dong Han is an ideal customer for Mercedes Benz's booming car sales in China. A 27-year-old advertising agent with a double-income household and no children, she's upwardly mobile and highly conscious of style. But it's not Mercedes' SLK sports car or top-end S-class that strikes her fancy. Like a fast-growing number of affluent, hip Chinese, Dong is enamored with Daimler's other brand, Smart, the tiny but nimble, colorful ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FEATURE-Mercedes' tiny Smart takes on big boys in China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.