By Tiffany Wu NINGBO, China, Sept 30 (Reuters) - China may be the world's fastest growing car market, but take a drive through its richest cities and all you are likely to see are foreign cars. That wounded the national pride of 38-year-old Li Shufu, a peasant-turned-millionaire, inspiring him to steer his family business into the fiercely competitive industry and launch his own brand of compact cars: entirely Chinese-made. The chairman of China Geely Group -- one of a new breed of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FEATURE-National pride drives private Chinese car maker" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642