By Antonia Oprita MIOVENI, Romania, June 17 (Reuters) - It may look like a box on wheels but the Dacia's many faithful fans say Romania's landmark car will be dearly missed after production stops later this year. A symbol of the dark and painful communist era, the Romanian version of the Renault 12 handled well on the Balkan country's notoriously pot-holed roads and proved easy to repair for amateur mechanics. But come September, Renault's Dacia plant in Romania will stop making the boxy ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FEATURE-Romanians mourn faithful "box on wheels" Dacia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.