By Erik Kirschbaum KORNWESTHEIM, Germany, April 29 (Reuters) - Tired of training young workers who didn't stay with his company, a German businessman solved his labour woes in an unorthodox way -- by hiring engineers over the age of 55. Four years ago Otmar Fahrion started hiring people who had been sent off into early retirement after six mid-career engineers abruptly left his engineering company near Stuttgart for jobs at corporate giants such as Porsche, Daimler and Bosch. Annoyed ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FEATURE-Savvy German firm hires seniors to solve labour woes" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.