* Car sales soar on last year; scheme extended * Programme almost exclusively benefits local AvtoVAZ * Analysts fear good times may not last when scheme ends By Gleb Stolyarov LYUBERTSY, Russia, June 23 (Reuters) - A grip of a massive crane crashes the windows of a fragile old Lada, grabs its collar and puts the helpless motor through a shredder that spits out crumpled strips of aluminium four seconds later. This metal, churned out by the Vtormet industrial company in the Moscow ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FEATURE-Scrappage keeps Russia carmakers running, but how long?" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642