NEW YORK, June 30 (Reuters) - Federal Signal Corp. , which makes fire rescue vehicles and street sweepers, said on Wednesday it would close some plants as part of a strategic restructuring. The company is to close its plant in Preble, New York and consolidate U.S. production of fire rescue vehicles into its Ocala, Florida operations. The consolidation will be complete before year-end and reduce fixed costs by about $3 million per year beginning in 2005, the company said. It expects to take ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Federal Signal to close some plants" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.