By Jane Barrett MILAN, Feb 20 (Reuters) - Struggling Fiat appealed to national pride on Sunday, taking out full-page newspaper adverts urging Italians to support their industrial icon as it battles to revive car sales and return to profit. "Keep cheering for us," Fiat's chairman and chief executive cried out from the light blue page, the same colour as Italy's soccer strip. Fiat once controlled 60 percent of Italian auto sales but as trade barriers came down and foreigners arrived in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat asks Italians to keep cheering its turnaround" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.