MILAN, Oct 26 (Reuters) - Fiat's struggling auto unit may see profits in 2006, Fiat Group Chairman Luca di Montezemolo said on Wednesday. Montezemolo also said in a television interview that orders for new Punto model, which is crucial for the carmaker's recovery, have come in at 35,000 in less than five weeks after its launch.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat Auto may see profits in 2006 - group chairman" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.