BRUSSELS, Aug 19 (Reuters) - The European Commission said on Tuesday it had approved the sale of Fiat's Avio aviation unit to private equity fund the Carlyle Group and Italian state-controlled defence firm Finmeccanica . "The Commission found that the operation did not raise any competition concerns as the activities of the parties do not overlap," it said in a statement. Carlyle will hold 70 percent of Avio's shares and Finmeccanica will hold 30 percent, but the companies will exercise ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat Avio sale gets EU competition clearance" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642