DETROIT, April 29 (Reuters) - Fiat SpA and Chrysler LLC are prepared to complete a merger deal by Thursday that would be taken into bankruptcy court as a key element of the U.S. automaker's restructuring plan if needed, a person with direct knowledge of the preparations said. Chrysler faces a government-imposed deadline of Thursday to wrap up concessions from its unions and a group of lenders that hold $6.9 billion of its secured debt. The United Auto Workers union was voting on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat, Chrysler prepared to complete deal-source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.