TURIN, Nov 21 (Reuters) - Italian industrial group Fiat on Thursday denied media reports that it was in talks to sell its insurance unit Toro as part of push to cut debts. "There are no talks under way for the sale of Toro," a Fiat spokesman said. Newspapers reported Fiat was ready to sell profitable Toro to raise cash as it tried to tackle a crisis at its carmaking unit. German reinsurer Munich Re and Italian insurer RAS were mentioned as possible condenders for Toro.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat denies in talks to sell insurer Toro" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642