Fiat-GM split just "gossip", Montezemelo says

Newswire

BERGAMO, Italy, Nov 27 (Reuters) - Fiat Chairman Luca di Montezemolo on Saturday brushed off media reports suggesting the company wanted to scrap its partnership with General Motors , saying the "gossip" could become harmful. Italian media have speculated that Fiat is searching for new GM-style alliances, and that it may excercise a put option that would allow it from Jan. 24 to sell its 90 percent stake in Fiat Auto to GM. The U.S. auto-maker owns the other 10 percent of Fiat Auto. ...

Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)

"Fiat-GM split just "gossip", Montezemelo says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:

  All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
  Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
  •   Global sales and production data by country
  •   U.S. model-line inventory data
  •   Engine and equipment installation rates
  •   WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
  •   Product Cycle chart
  •   Interrelationships among major OEMs
  •   Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
   •  Historical data and much more!


For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: lwilliamson@wardsauto.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
 

Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.

Already registered? here.

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×