MILAN, Aug 29 (Reuters) - Italian carmaker Fiat said on Wednesday it will halt production at its Pomigliano plant for two weeks this fall because of weak car demand, as Europe's mass-market car makers take steps to cope with five years of declining car sales. Fiat will place workers at Pomigliano, where it makes the tiny Panda compact, on a temporary layoff scheme from September 24 to 28, and from October 1 to 5, a spokesman said on Wednesday. Fiat Chief ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat to halt production at Pomigliano in Sept, Oct" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.