MELFI, Dec 20 (Reuters) - Carmaker Fiat will invest 1 billion euros to produce two new car models at its plant in the southern Italian town of Melfi, with production expected to start in 2014, Chief Executive Sergio Marchionne said on Thursday. Marchionne also said Fiat plans to use its Italian factories as a base to export cars around the world. (Reporting by Jennifer Clark, writing Francesca Landini; Editing by Lisa Jucca)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat to invest 1 bln euros at Italy Melfi plant- CEO" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.