TURIN, Italy, March 17 (Reuters) - Italian carmaker Fiat announced its fourth wave of temporary layoffs so far this year on Wednesday, saying 2,500 people would down tools for two weeks in April to cut production in line with orders. Fiat is trying to cut costs and boost sales to pull out of its worst ever crisis, through measures which included slashing thousands of jobs worldwide, with more still in the pipeline. Car unit Fiat Auto said it would stop making the Lancia Thesis limousine, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat launches new round of temporary layoffs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642