DETROIT, Aug 31 (Reuters) - Italy's Fiat SpA may shift production plans to make Jeep and Alfa Romeo SUVs in North America rather than at a plant in Milan, Bloomberg reported on Wednesday from Italy. Instead, Fiat would make a subcompact car at the Mirafiori plant for its primary European market, the report said, citing an unnamed source, who said the decision is not finalized. The report said that a stronger euro would raise production costs for vehicles made in Italy bound ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat mulls shift of SUV work to N. America-report" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.