MILAN, June 24 (Reuters) - Italian car maker group Fiat SpA plans to shut its CNH Global NV farm equipment plant at Imola, Italy, in two years, a company spokesman said on Wednesday. The northern Italian plant employs about 500 workers. The global agricultural equipment market has been hard hit by the recession as farmers hold off making big-ticket purchases. Union leaders called the move unacceptable, Ansa news agency said. Fiat, Italy's biggest manufacturer, said last week it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat plans to shut CNH tractor plant in Italy" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642