MILAN, July 30 (Reuters) - The Panda returns. Just five weeks before Fiat is due to unveil the small car it hopes will drive it back towards profit, the Italian automaker said on Wednesday it would rename the car the "Panda" after a spat with Renault . Fiat had planned to call the sporty new car the Gingo but Renault complained it sounded too similar to its own entry-level Twingo and threatened to take Fiat to court. Rather than risk a costly post-launch rebrand, Fiat has reverted back ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat recycles 23-yr-old Panda name for new car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642