MILAN, Oct 31 (Reuters) - Italian industrial group Fiat said on Thursday it will pump 2.5 billion euros ($2.5 billion) in cash into Fiat Auto because its crisis-struck auto unit has used up much of its existing share capital. Fiat did not say whether industrial ally General Motors Corp , which owns 20 percent of Fiat Auto, would contribute. GM Europe declined to comment. Fiat said the recapitalisation would be financed by funds from within the group and that the operation would not ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat says to pump 2.5 bln euros into auto unit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.