MILAN, Dec 21 (Reuters) - Italian automaker Fiat said on Thursday it had agreed with Severstal-Avto to make diesel engines in Russia. It said in a statement its Fiat Powertrain Technologies (FPT) division had signed a memorandum of understanding with the Russian partner to set up a joint venture to make F1A engines. The engines would be installed in a Fiat van, the Ducato LCV, and a Severstal-Avto sports utility vehicle (SUV), the UAZ Patriot, it said.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat, SeverstalAvto to make diesel engines" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.