MILAN, July 28 (Reuters) - Italian carmaker Fiat hopes to sell 80,000 new Puntos by the end of the year, Chief Executive Sergio Marchionne said on Thursday, adding the new version of its best-selling car would go on sale on Sept. 10. The Punto makes up 25 percent of Fiat Auto's turnover and the new model is key to the carmaker's plan to pull back to breakeven at trading profit level next year.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat should sell 80,000 new Puntos in 2005 - CEO" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642