MILAN, Feb 20 (Reuters) - Italy's Fiat has suspended production of its 1.3 Multijet engines because of quality control problems, the auto maker said on Wednesday. "A number of anomalies have emerged with regard to an externally-supplied component for the 1.3 Multijet engine," Fiat said in a statement. Fiat said the suspension will have repercussions on its delivery volumes in February. (Reporting by Ian Simpson)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat suspends output of 1.3 Multijet engines" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.