TURIN, Jan 24 (Reuters) - Italian industrial group Fiat said it would shut down for a week some operations at its biggest carmaking plant -- Mirafiori in Turin -- as part of ongoing efforts to scale back output in line with demand. About 6,000 workers in the plant's bodywork and stamping lines would stay home between Feb. 21 and 27, a Fiat spokesman said on Monday. Last week, Fiat said its Termini Imerese plant in Sicily, which makes the best-seller Punto, would shut from Feb. 21 to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fiat's Mirafiori joins temporary plant closures" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.