By Arif Sharif NEW DELHI, Aug 19 (Reuters) - India's motorcycle makers may be forced to cut prices and boost advertising to push sales because of a string of new model launches this year in the world's second-biggest bike industry, analysts said on Thursday. Indian bikemakers, led by Hero Honda Motors Ltd. , are expected to launch at least seven new bikes before March, the end of the business year, further crowding an around $4 billion market that has eight firms making over 40 models. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fierce competition may trigger Indian bike price-war" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.