By Ian Chua HONG KONG, Jan 26 (Reuters) - Equity investors in Asia betting on further weakness in the U.S. dollar this year could be in for a nasty surprise if a recent bounce in the greenback lasts longer than expected. Comments from China on Tuesday that it was unlikely to revalue its currency soon and stronger-than-expected U.S. consumer confidence data lifted the U.S. dollar, underscoring its buoyancy after declines in the last three years. Overall, a stronger U.S. dollar tends to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Firmer dollar may test some Asia stock investors" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.