FRANKFURT, June 26 (Reuters) - Credit rating agency Fitch said on Thursday it had assigned an "A+" senior unsecured rating and an "F1" short-term rating to German carmaker Volkswagen , with a long-term negative outlook. "The outlook reflects the expected reduction in cash generation during the upcoming model replacement phase and an unfavourable hedging position," Fitch said in a statement. Fitch said its coverage had been initiated in response to requests from investors.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fitch assigns "A+" rating to VW, outlook negative" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.