NEW YORK, July 23 (Reuters) - Fitch Ratings downgraded Volkswagen AG's debt ratings on Friday, citing expected declines in profitability. Fitch cut Volkswagen's senior unsecured rating to "A-minus," the fourth lowest investment-grade rating, from "A." The ratings agency also cut the German company's short-term rating to "F2," the third-highest level, from "F1." The outlook for the ratings over the next 18 to 24 months is negative, Fitch said.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Fitch downgrades Volkswagen debt ratings" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.