Mercury among cars adopting sealed beam headlamps in ’40.
75 Years Ago (July 1939): Tooling Strikes; Sealed Headlamps Seen; New Ward’s Publication; ’40 Output Starts From Ward’s Automotive Reports’ July 8, 1939, issue comes word that the “long-threatened UAW-CIO strikes in General Motors tool and die shops broke out this week, threatening to delay ’40-model introductions if the tie-ups continue for any length of time.” Robust field stock of ’39s may mitigate any damage from a delayed new-model launch, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"WardsAuto Flashback â€“ July 2014" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.