* Interest rates seen moving up by Q3 * Demand for consumer goods may get hit in 6 months * Growth in auto sector unlikely to be impacted much By Aniruddha Basu MUMBAI, July 27 (Reuters) - The higher-than-expected rise in interest rates by India's central bank could hurt the consumer durables business, but demand in the booming auto sector may sustain, company officials said on Tuesday. India's central bank raised interest rates more forcefully than expected on Tuesday, signalling ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"FOCUS-Rate hike seen hitting durables demand; autos steady" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.